This will be my second food post in 14 days but I swear I’ve not thrown in the yoga towel to become a food blogger! I just seem to be a lot more ‘into’ my food at the moment. Probably because I go on holiday again at the end of the month and I’m striving for ‘Victoria Secret’ over ‘Victoria Sandwich’.
I love finding new ways to eat healthily but I always have to feel full. I workout a fair amount so it’s important to get enough carbs, protein and fat to ensure a strong, healthy body. So, tonight I experimented with vegan quinoa and courgette burgers and they turned out amazing! Very filling too which is a plus. This recipe is taken from Deliciously Ella (I don’t think it’s in the book though), I’ve just adapted it to my taste.
What you’ll need:
– 1 courgette
– 1 cup of quinoa
– 2 cups peas
– 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
– 1 tablespoon tahini
– Ground flaxseed
– 1 teaspoon chilli flakes
– Himalayan salt to taste
How to make it:
– Boil your quinoa for around 15 minutes, until fluffy and all the water is gone.
– Boil the peas for around 2 minutes then add them to a food processor, blitz into a paste
– Grate the courgette and place in a large mixing bowl
– Add the peas, tahini, vinegar, flaxseed, chilli and salt to the mixing bowl
– Once cooked add the fluffy quinoa into the mixing bowl and mix all the ingredients together.
– Pre heat oven to 180degrees (Gas Mark 4)
– Take a tablespoon and scoop out a generous helping of mixture, roll into patties with your hands
– Place onto a baking tray and cook for 20 – 25 minutes
I served mine with crushed avocado and salad. It was amazing and I definitely recommend you giving this one a try!