I am food obsessed. I spend most of my time thinking about food and the rest of the time eating it. So it’s important to be healthy! I carry nuts in my handbag so I don’t get caught in a ‘hangry’ situation and the only things available to eat is chocolate and crisps.
Preparation means an abundance of healthy options! My favourite snack to have in my bag are these raw organic cocoa date balls. They are amazing, healthy and feel like a real chocolatey treat. They are so easy to make too.
– 12 organic dates. Look for ‘natural’ on any dried fruit product to ensure nothing else has been added and the sugar content is as low as possible.
– 1 handful of organic cashew nuts, whole or crushed.
– 2 handfuls of organic almonds
– 1 teaspoon of organic cocoa
– 1 teaspoon of organic cinnamon
– 1 (generous) drop of organic orange extract
Put all ingredient in a food processor until finely crushed. If it looks a little dry add 1/2 drops of organic tap water*.
Use a teaspoon to roughly measure out a good amount of the ingredients to make a raw ball. Roll together with your hands until you’re happy with the shape and size. Pop in the fridge until you’re ready to eat.
Enjoy your delicious, homemade treats anytime, anywhere.
*Organic tap water does not exist silly. Feel free to use the finest Himalayan spring water but I find tap water works just fine 🙂